Sunday, October 25, 2009

That'll do it, folks


Alright, I'll break the silence. I know it's been a couple weeks since my last post, and I assume you all know what's coming: I'm done.

It's been a heck of ride, writing columns here on rockmitchell.blogspot.com. Funny columns, stupid columns, confusing columns, offensive columns... Now it's time for the last type of column: the terminating column. The clincher. The closer.

It lasted longer than I thought it would, to tell you the truth. Looking at my stats I put up a hearty 86 posts, the first one going up on March 12, 2008. Also, 7,200 people visited this site, although 6,000 were probably lost deep in the Internet when they stumbled in. "What the hell kind of a blog is this?"

I thought blogging was pretty dumb, before I started. And I often thought it was dumb while I did it. But you've got to love what the Internets come up with these days, and the blogging platform--where any idiot can publish their words for the world to see--is something novel.

Well, I've written what I've wanted to write on this blog. Now it's time for me to chase other pursuits. Maybe I'll take up Twitter. Maybe I'll start a blog about what Michelle Obama is wearing these days. Maybe I'll see if AARP The Magazine is looking for any under-age columnists.

Whatever I do, this thing will just sit dormant. So consider this blog for sale. I checked out WebsiteOutlook.com, and it said this website is worth a whopping $876. WebsiteOutlook must be run by the same people that price out theme-park food, because it just ain't worth that much.

Tell you what. Offer me $10 and a cold ginger ale, and you've got yourself a deal. Actually, I'd let it go for just a ginger ale--warm or cold.

Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

Russ Nelson said...

We'll sure miss you Rock. Stay classy

Carolyn L. said...

Wow! I'm kind of in shock. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. You lure us in, get us hooked and then leave us hanging for two weeks and just when we think you're back and we're getting our Ross fix again, we get the COLD TURKEY treatment. Just when there was the potential for so much good material. Such is life. I'll go find a new hobby. Thanks for the ride. It was fun and amusing!

JP Anderson said...

Well, I feel like I'm losing something here. I can't believe you're just dropping it but I'm sure you've thought this through. It's not an experiment is it? You'll be missed.

Kathy said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cade said...

Leaving on a high note.

Lindy said...

Just wait till that baby comes--then you'll have something to write about!

Sarah said...

You can't go off and leave us just like that! Give us a random post hear or there-Pleeeeeeease! What will we laugh at without your humor and wit?
Don't do this, Rock. Pull through for us, man.

Kathy said...

come back Ross - come back