Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update: My world record attempt

As you may recall from my last article, I submitted a proposal to set the world record for the most 3-point baskets made with gummy bears in 10 minutes.

A few days after my proposal was sent off, I received an email from ol' Guinness:

Dear Rock, We are glad to inform you that your record application has been transferred to our internal system. As a result of this, we are sending to you the Agreement Regarding Record Attempts together with a document called General Information on Record Breaking, which will give you an overview of the process.

Unfortunately, the attached agreement was 16 pages of legal mumbo jumbo asking me to give up all my rights, along with a bunch of other stuff. Plus, it said I'd have to pay for the guy from Guinness (adjudicator) to come out and watch me set the record.

I guess some records are never meant to be made...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Don't give up, Ross. They're trying to bully you out of setting a record. Don't let those Guiness thugs push you around with their big tough lawyers and adjudicators. I say go for it, and don't look back.